Thursday, December 16, 2021

Year Reflection, Goodbye Lake Brunner

 Just yesterday was my last day of primary school. Over the past eight years at Lake Brunner, I've made a lot of memories and I'm really going to miss my friends and teachers.

At the start of this year, I became a student council member, it was fun because we got to organise things like wheels day, and book character day, where our principal dressed as a snozzcumber off of the BFG.

I've also enjoyed the sports units we've had each term thanks to my teacher. There was badminton and softball, but I think this year handball was my favourite. If you've browsed through one of my posts about handball then you'll know the game I'm talking about. Long story short, our version of handball was basically a cross between netball and basketball. It was really fun.

This final term, my class and I had our school camp. We made camp base in Hokitika, and toured our way through town, taking a short trip to lake Kaniere on our first night for a freezing, but enjoyable swim. You can read more about it on one of my other blog posts named 'Highlights of Camp!' 

And of course we all loved the sailing this term with great thanks to Simon from 'have a go sailing!'

It's been a really amazing year for all of us kids at LBS, and if you're thinking of having your child enrolled at Lake Brunner School you can be sure they'll have a good time.

See you later to my best friends Morgan, Mackenzie, Kaelyn, Zoe and Tui. And thank you to my teacher Nic - it's been the best year ever!


3 comments:

  1. Tara I cant agree more and i am going to miss having you around and I really miss you have a good time at your new school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara
    Thanks for being one of my best friends throughout the year and that reflection was amazing! I forgot about some things you said in there so thanks for reminding me of the amazing memories of being in Te Kinga 2021
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.