Monday, April 5, 2021

Quick Write 5/4/21

It seems that the stars have been blossoming around me for a long time. All of the warmth that twas once there has now left my body. Yet, I couldn't be happier. Out here in the fresh air, the deep night of inky blackness surrounding me. Would I get away with it? I wonder... After all, the police are bound to be looking for me, the runaway child, who had fled from the city, the past...


I can see it. Living out here in the lonely countryside, my handcrafted house opposite the riverbanks which are swarmed with wise willow trees. All of a sudden all the peace and tranquillity around me was gone as the cars blare across the countryside, their sirens colliding in an urgent blue and red. How did they find me here? No, I did not do anything wrong. Though I did run from everything and everyone I had once known.


Right now I can think of only two options. Give up my escape, turn myself in, or... Or I could take the plunge, dive into the ice cold of the river. I have limited time to make my choice. I descent into the water slowly, but all the same the frigid water shocks me. I drift down the river as it is my only option to not be seen. Yes, I do suppose my friends and family will be worried about me, but that is no longer my life. Besides it is too late to stop now...












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.