Monday, April 12, 2021

Walk up Mt Te Kinga 12.4.21

Last week, on the eighth of April, my class and I went for a fun day trip to walk up to Mt Te Kinga's Third lookout. On the way up it started off easy and gradually got steeper and we sometimes had to climb over logs or balance across them over murky and sunken patches on the track. It was a sunny day so the view from the second lookout was amazing. Some of the year eights (including me) had already been up mount Te Kinga to the top so we were used to the rough terrain. It was much quicker going down the summit so we had reached the bottom in about half and hour whereas it had taken us a much longer time to trek up.

When my group and I got down we ate our lunch while we waited for the groups that followed and then got ready to go swimming. The water was freezing cold when I first went in, but when I swam out further, I got used to it. After swimming a little while, Mackenzie and I teamed up to assemble a campfire. Then the whole class roasted three marshmallows each on the beach. 

Our trip was super fun and I hope we do another over the next three terms.

Would you enjoy a trip like this?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.