Sunday, April 4, 2021

Preview of Disaster story

 Recently in class we have been writing fiction stories based on natural disasters. Here is the first paragraph from my story. I hope you enjoy this blog post :)


The Destructive Disaster By Tara Morgan

It was another ordinary day at school. Our teacher, Nic (as usual)

was rambling on about how we needed to find a science project to test.

I remember  thinking that everyone was probably just waiting for the

bell to ring for lunch (though it was only 11.15), because it’s not like

anyone was paying attention. Morgan was trying to fit her legs into her jersey,

Mackenzie was strumming a ukulele in the corner, Kaelyn was trying to type on her chromebook

with her toes and I was almost asleep on my desk. Nic kept on talking…

soon it was 11.16 … 11.17 … 18 minutes past. Luna  had started barking,

I fell off my chair from the sudden noise. “Tara!” Nic had yelled,

but she didn’t have time to say ‘pay attention’ and ‘geology rock cycles are important’

because then the rumbling started. The deafening, guttural, piercing sound

that came from the depths of the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.