Monday, May 10, 2021

Hand Ball!

Over the first week of term two, my class and I have been learning how to play hand ball. It's a mix of basket ball and netball that my teacher, Nic, created. Some of the basic rules in handball is that we can bounce the ball, but only three times before passing to another player. If you don't pass within three seconds, then it's the other teams ball. Like in netball, you can't be in the another players 'bubble' so you have to be a meter away at all times. 

Today I played as a 'centre', so it was my job to move around the other team's players, so my team could pass to me before I passed to another player, like the 'goal attack' so they could shoot. There was also boundaries for each player, as a centre, I was allowed to run anywhere on the court apart from in the goal circles.

Does handball sound like a fun game for your class or friends?

Maybe you could give it a go!



                                           




2 comments:

  1. You did a great job of playing at the non-stop position of Centre today Tara! I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying the game!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.